Yes... it's here at last!!! Maverick brings you the Ubuntu look to your Windows 8.1 setup!
Current Residence: at my desk|
Favorite genre of music: HardTechno
Favorite style of art: music
Operating System: Windows 8
MP3 player of choice: foobar2000
Shell of choice: back to windows explorer
Skin of choice: green skin... love those alines!!! oh... you mean skin like a software skin?
Favorite cartoon character: Meg...yeah... Family Guy rules!
Personal Quote: live now... die later!!!
an elegant and minimalistic Visual Style for Windows 8/8.1 (compatible with 8.1 Update 1) that doesn't get in the way of your productivity.
+BONUS: Simplify 8.1 Dark & Dark Colorful Visual Styles!!! Matching Firefox Style available here.
EXTRA STUFF!!! make sure you checkout the 2 matching PotPlayer skins: Simplify Light for PotPlayer and Simplify Dark for PotPlayer.
• create a Restore Point using System Restore (safety first!)
• patch Windows so you can use 3rd party themes using this tool: uxstyle.com
• install the theme by copying the content of Theme for Windows 8 or Theme for Windows 8.1 folder in "C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\"
• apply the theme from the Personalize panel
• apply the registry settings by running the simplify_8_window_metrics.reg file in the Window Metrics folder
• remove the hover glow of the taskbar buttons: System>Advanced Settings>Performance Settings>uncheck Animations in the taskbar
• restart Windows and...
• enjoy using the theme!
• 6 awesome Windows themes: folders Theme...
• matching windows cursor schemes: folder Resources\Cursors
• two beautiful wallpapers: folder Resources\Wallpapers
• matching Firefox Style for Simplify 8.1 Dark: available here
• unlimited support!
• OPTIONAL for Dark Point: use OldNewExplorer and check Use command bar instead of Ribbon option and all the sub-options except for the Hide caption text in File Explorer windows.
• added support for higher DPI display settings.
• merged Simplify 8.1 and 8.1u1 into one.
• fixed the missing context menu in the Start Screen in Windows 8.1 Update 1.
• added a new variation for Windows 8.1 called Simplify 8.1 which fixes the jumplist bug.
• added a Bonus Wallpaper!
• initial release of the visual style.
Windows 8.1u1: jerky animation when minimizing/closing Metro apps. Hopefully I can fix it soon.