Yes... it's here at last! Maverick brings you the Ubuntu look to your Windows 8.1 setup. Finally you can enjoy the orange and dark grey style with this redesigned theme that mixes the best from Ubuntu with flat clean elements giving a beautiful and modern look to your PC.
Check out this Screenshot for a detailed view of the theme!
• create a Restore Point using System Restore (safety first!)
• patch Windows so you can use 3rd party themes using this tool: uxstyle.com
• install the fonts in the Resources\Fonts folder
• install the theme by copying the content of the Theme folder in "C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\"
• apply the theme from the Personalize panel
• apply the registry settings by running the maverick_8_1_window_metrics.reg file in the Window Metrics folder
• remove the hover glow of the taskbar buttons: System>Advanced Settings>Performance Settings>uncheck Animations in the taskbar
• restart Windows and...
• enjoy using the theme!
• OPTIONAL! narrow vertical taskbar: use 7+ Taskbar Tweaker. Right click on the tray icon>advanced settings and set the no_width_limit = 1
• OPTIONAL! make windows explorer look cool: use OldNewExplorer! Check the option: Use command bar instead of Ribbon.
• one awesome Windows themes: folder Theme
• one matching windows cursor scheme: folder Resources\Cursors
• one amazing wallpaper: folder Resources\Wallpapers
• menu text color fix for Firefox and Thunderbird: available here
• unlimited support!
• initial release of the visual style.
• dark text on dark background in the explorer breadcrumbs drop down menu. Unfortunately there's no way to fix this without braking other more important elements in the theme. Thank you Microshit!