Get the Theme HERE*!*if you don't use PayPal or can't pay for the theme, then I will give it to you for FREE if you promise to spread the word about it!
Finally the Windows 8 version is here!!! Get Maverick 8.1 now!!!
Due to the poor coding in FF4 default theme, my visual style and other 1px window frame styles, makes the title bar in firefox to disappear sometimes without any logical explanation. I found a way to fix that... at least in my case this works. This used to work in FF4, but it doesn't in recent Firefox releases.
- check out the fix I made (for FF4), available hereUPDATE 12:
- fixed the height of the All Programs section in Start MenuUPDATE 11:
- another annoying bug that gave me 2 sleepless nights is finally fixed! I'm talking about the exaggerated height of menu and toolbar in Open and Libre Office. Users... enjoy!UPDATE 10:
- the much awaited fix for the autoscroll mouse cursor in Firefox is here! It was the damn tooltip PNG in Explorer causing all the hassle. Glad I've finally fixed it! Still trying to fix the huge height of the button/toolbar of Open/Libre Office 3.3UPDATE 9:
- finally fixed the More Options popup menu in Explorer. Thanks to solmilerUPDATE 8:
- fixed the config icon in the bubble tooltip
- fixed the undetermined progress bar... try checking for windows updates and you'll see what I mean!UPDATE 7:
- finally fixed the buggy display of fonts in microsoft office 2010 tabs. Thanks to jhanford
for the suggestion!UPDATE 6:
- added the ubuntu sounds for windows directly to the package cause people were complaining about some malware in the .exe of the sound scheme. Now you must install the sounds manually but at least there's no malware anymore!UPDATE 5:
- VERTICAL LEFT SIDE TOOLBAR AVAILABLE: skinned the vertical superbar on the left. Enjoy!UPDATE 4:
- fixed MDICloseButton, MDIRestoreButton, MDIMinimizeButtonUPDATE 3:
- added Windows Explorer Navigation Buttons to the package including: Back, Forward, Go, Stop, Refresh, Dropdown. Use this tool: kishan-bagaria.deviantart.com/…
by Kishan Bagaria to change them. UPDATE 2:
- changed the scroll bar thumb to light orangeUPDATE 1:
- added a second version of the theme called Maverick W, which is the same as the original except for the wider start menu button. Made this following the request of people using Windows in other language than English where "All Programs" is spelled differently and longer. So this version has a full wide button for all to enjoy it!
Hey Linux Lovers... The waiting is over... I know... finally!!! Here's the first complete Ubuntu 10.10 Ambiance Theme ported to Windows 7.
I think this visual experience will not only appeal to Linux Lovers but also to MacOS and Windows fans alike.
Just give it a try and let me know if you like it... or if you don't like it as well... I just want to hear your feedback.Side note:
- The the is only 96dpi compatible. Doesn't work for higher dpi resolutions!
- Fonts in the preview look great because I use gdipp, the little app which changes you font rendering engine to make the fonts look smooth just like, or almost like in Linux or MacOS.
- Some apps may not play nice with this theme... was the case of Firefox 4 beta but GOOD NEWS: they fixed their buggy default skin so now works perfectly with my Maverick for Win7 Visual Style!
- Some elements of the original Ubuntu theme could not be implemented accurately due to Windows 7 limitations. For example the window caption buttons can't be aligned together as close as in Ubuntu.
- There are some other unfixable bugs which are not really bugs, in Windows Explorer (click the More Options buttons on the toolbar and you'll see what I mean), but there is nothing I can do about them unfortunately. Windows skinning engine sucks and even experienced themers will agree with me on this one.
- If you find any other bugs please report them and I'll do my best to fix them.What's in the package:
Theme: Maverick by dpcdpc11: only Aero version for now!
Resources: Fonts | Start Orb (dpcdpc11.deviantart.com/art/ub…
| Wallpaper (the default Ubuntu Maverick wall)
Ubuntu Sounds Scheme for Windows
Windows Explorer Navigation Buttons. Use this tool: kishan-bagaria.deviantart.com/…
by Kishan Bagaria to change them.What's not in the package:Icons
used in the screenshot: Token
by e-sushi: contrapaganda.deviantart.com/a…1st clock
, the small software which made possible the chance of the taskbar clock which now looks just like the Linux clock. Official website here: www.1stclock.com/gdipp
- the tinny app that makes your fonts clear and smooth like those in Linux Distros. It's available in 32 and 64 bit flavors. Download here: code.google.com/p/gdipp/downlo…Windows 7 Aero Blur Tweaker
by Kishan-Bagaria: kishan-bagaria.deviantart.com/…Windows 7 Start Button Changer
by Kishan-Bagaria: kishan-bagaria.deviantart.com/…Windows 7 Navigation Buttons Customizer
by Kishan-Bagaria: www.softpedia.com/get/System/O…
Linux Mouse Cursors Port: DMZ Cursor
by Nighted: nighted.deviantart.com/art/DMZ…RecommendationsGnome Panel for Rainmeter
by Col-Darby: col-darby.deviantart.com/art/G…Here are some brief instructions which I think you may all know by now:0. Patch your system files and install the required fonts!
0.1. Be sure to patch your system files before you can use 3rd party windows themes. I recommend using UniversalThemePatcher
0.2. Install the fonts found in the folder "Resources/Fonts"
0.3. Restart your PC1. Install the theme?
Copy the content of Theme folder in "C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\" (Asuming that you're Windows 7 is installed on partition C)2. Change the start orb?
Use Windows 7 Start Button Changer
by Kishan-Bagaria: kishan-bagaria.deviantart.com/…
Launch Windows 7 Start Button Changer and choose the BMP from the "Resources/Start Orb - Ubuntu" folder and you're done!3. Remove the blured edges of the windows?
Use Windows 7 Aero Blur Tweaker from the "Tools" folder to remove the windows blur.Thanks for downloading!!!CREDITS GOES OUT TO
All the artists involved in the creation of Ubuntu's 10.10 aka Maverik default theme called Ambiance.