- get Minimal Taste 8 for Windows 8/8.1 now!
THANKS FOR YOUR APPRECIATION PEOPLE!!!
For those who distribute this theme further, please give credits to the Author (that's me!) and include the original download link from deviantart.com. Thank you for spreading the word!!!
UPDATE 1 [13-Nov-2011]
- made the Edit field to fit with the rest of the theme
- removed the ugly background of Basic Caption buttons
- made the bottom grey space of the Start Menu flattened
- fixed the Taskbar selected item transparency on apps displaying progress
- added the Minimal Taste start Orb Big to the package
...and Yes, flat is the new solid!
Comes in 2 flavors: transparent and opaque window borders. Which one do you like best???
Been a while since I've released another Visual Style for Win7... so here I am again! It's not a completely new style, but a derived one from my Minimal Taste Reloaded.
I know... not another macintoshy style! So why did I do it you ask? Simple... I really love the Minimal Taste concept but I would always have to patch Firefox and Thunderbird every new release because of the 1px window frame. And since the Mozilla guys are in a releasing frenzy I've decided to fix my Windows Visual Style. So this was the beginning of a new journey into skinning another win7 visual style.
Hope you like the result... I've experimented with a few new things that you might enjoy, but even if you don't, please let me know!
You'll be glad to know that you won't be needing the Firefox patch anymore with this new theme!
Live view here: dpcdpc11.deviantart.com/art/Mi…
- the theme itself with the 2 variations: opaque and transparent
- Fonts need to make it work perfectly
- Explorer Navigation Buttons
- Windows Start Buttons: Minimal Taste start Orb and Minimal Taste start Orb Big
- Matching windows cursor schemes: Minimal Taste Cursors and Minimal Taste Cursors Dark
What's not in the package:
Icons used in the preview: Token by brsev
gdipp - the tinny app that makes your fonts clear and smooth like those in Linux Distros. It's available in 32 and 64 bit flavors. Download here: code.google.com/p/gdipp/downlo…
1. Patch your system files and install the required fonts!
1.1. Be sure to patch your system files before you can use 3rd party windows themes. Use this tool to do it: www.windows7download.com/win7-…
1.2. Install the fonts found in the folder "Resources/Fonts"
1.3. Restart your PC
2. Install the theme?
Copy the content of Theme folder in "C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\" (Asuming that you're Windows 7 is installed on partition C)
3. Change the start orb?
Use Windows 7 Start Button Changer to change the start orb. You can find the needed tool here: www.door2windows.com/windows-7…
Launch Windows 7 Start Button Changer and choose the BMP from the "Resources/Start Orb" folder and you're done!
4. Change the Windows Navigation buttons?
Use Windows 7 Navigation Buttons Customizer to change the Windows Navigation Buttons, resources available in the folder "Resources/Navigation Buttons"
Download the tool here: www.door2windows.com/windows-7…
5. Smooth Fonts like in OSX or Linux?
Use gdipp, the little app which changes you font rendering engine to make the fonts look smooth just like, or almost like in Linux or MacOS. Download here: code.google.com/p/gdipp/downlo…
Thanks to enemia for the awesome wall: enemia.deviantart.com/art/AWAK…
Thanks for downloading!!!
you'll find out.
Yes really the BEST flat taste theme for Windows 7. And I was looking for a long something like this.
Excellent graphics and the tutorial is the very good!
JUST A NOTE:
The Start Orb for large icons is in .png file extension.
Windows 7 Start Button Changer v 2.6 excepts only .bmp files. Would please double check this?
I'm on win8 for a while now and I can't try the Start Orb Changer... as I recall the .png file is for Windows 7 Start Orb Changer v5.
In terms of completeness, easiness to install, look, feel, this one wins it for me.
I'm really glad you like it!
I love it!
I have two questions through:
1) Should the them apply the fonts (Aller/Ubuntu) automatically, or are we supposed to this "by hand"?
2) I see no differences between the opaque/transparent themes. They both look opaque.
Is there something wrong with my setup?
1) the theme applies the fonts, but you have to install them first into windows, just like you would install any other font.
2) as you can see in the preview, the difference is in the window borders... those are the opaque/transparent elements.
this is really nice!
But is there a way to reduce the border thickness of the explorer frame?
I'd like to have it as thin as possible...
Thank you very much!
Sebastian from Berlin
I'm using Win7 with a SSD and my PC boots in like 12 seconds and everything is going super smooth! I'm planning on buying another one and run the 2 SSD's in RAID for an even faster and more productive experience!
aslo is love this theme.
It's just the regular taskbar of the theme with the "Use small icons" option turned on.
Tips? Need SS?
about the Chome fonts... did you install the fonts in the pack?
and about the nav btns... not sure what to tell you... do you get some error?
The Chrome issue was solved after a reset, and then I started to use Mactype instead Gdipp that have several issues with Chrome and is no longer supported by the developers.
The Navigation issue I've solved getting the permission in the dll file.
Thank you anyway and keep this amazing work!