FIX FOR THE FIREFOX4 TABS TOOLBAR AVAILABLE here!!!
Just for you, and for me of course... I give you Minimal Taste Reloaded! This is one of my older themes revamped, cleaned up and polished for a photo finish.
Note: if you like this theme and would like to donate a mere €1 as a symbol of your appreciation of me and my work please click here: [link]
- cleaned up the window borders of the wBorder version... now they're nice and clean. Also the bottom frame now matched the top one... you'll see the difference in Windows Photo Viewer for example.
- NEW SubVersion available in the Pack! To fix various Aero dependent programs like Windows Photo Viewer or Opera, I've created a new version with window Borders!
You'll see what I mean after you unpack the archive!
The new version is called Minimal Taste Reloaded wBorder, which can be found in the Theme folder of the archive.
- added my newest creation to the Pack: Minimal Taste Cursors and Minimal Taste Cursors Dark
- changed the shut down menu, control panel and toolbar menu to fit the general right click menu.
- changed the BAM! animation to a animated Plus(+) sign... I know people likes the BAM! animation but it wasn't an original creation and didn't really fitted the theme.
- changed the start menu All Programs arrow to a Plus(+) sign
- changed the slider button bar vertical and horizontal
- fixed the start menu height which looked nasty for those using the taskbar on top... now it looks just perfectly for bottom and top taskbar users!
- fixed the system tray popup background color. Click now on the Sound Volume icon to see the difference.
Firefox 4 users!!!
Due to the poor coding in FF4 default theme, my visual style and other 1px window frame styles, makes the title bar in firefox to disappear sometimes without any logical explanation. I found a way to fix that... at least in my case this works.
- check out the fix I made, available here
- the theme itself
- Fonts need to make it work perfectly
- Explorer Navigation Buttons
- Windows Start Button: [link]
- Matching windows cursor schemes: Minimal Taste Cursors and Minimal Taste Cursors Dark
What's not in the package:
Icons used in the screenshot: Token by brsev
miniBin by e-sushi: [link]
gdipp - the tinny app that makes your fonts clear and smooth like those in Linux Distros. It's available in 32 and 64 bit flavors. Download here: [link]
Windows 7 Aero Blur Tweaker by Kishan-Bagaria: [link]
1. Patch your system files and install the required fonts!
1.1. Be sure to patch your system files before you can use 3rd party windows themes. Use this tool to do it: [link]
1.2. Install the fonts found in the folder "Resources/Fonts"
1.3. Restart your PC
2. Install the theme?
Copy the content of Theme folder in "C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\" (Asuming that you're Windows 7 is installed on partition C)
3. Change the start orb?
Use Windows 7 Start Button Changer to change the start orb. You can find the needed tool here: [link]
Launch Windows 7 Start Button Changer and choose the BMP from the "Resources/Start Orb" folder and you're done!
4. Change the Windows Navigation buttons?
Use Windows 7 Navigation Buttons Customizer to change the Windows Navigation Buttons, resources available in the folder "Resources/Navigation Buttons"
Download the tool here: [link]
Thanks to art-styles for the awesome wall: [link]
Thanks for downloading!!!
Very good work and splendid, thanks for sharing
a question: How do you open "Control Preview?
P.S.: can you port it to windows 8.
please read the HOWTO guide!
Suggestion: Make the progress bar dark blue and light blue.
I love the way it looks now but it might be cool to have the blue version too.
Any plans on doing something like this for Windows 8? Not really even sure I want to upgrade yet haha.
Anyway like I said, awesome theme!!!
For now I have no reason to upgrade to Win8. I really have the metro crap for desktop.
maybe when Visual Style Builder will be available for win8 and I will be able to convert my win7 theme to win8, then I will think about it.
Cause the default desktop UI it's ugly as hell in Win8... it's like it was made in Paint or something... that's not design, that's lack of design... well I'll stop here cause I can go on and on about this until next week.
Thanks for downloading!
I am also not a big fan of the metro UI. It is something that should only be on a tablet or mobile device. Plus in Windows 8 it seems like they just mashed to operating system together, there is metro and then the desktop. It's strange.
This is the first time i'm using a third party theme so it seems quite fascinating hehe
I'm still trying to get used to the new theme but i really like it!
But do you know how I can install the token set? I've downloaded it but I don't know what to do with it.
you can't "install" the token set just like that... you can use icon packager to have token icons replace your system icons: [link]
but this will not change the icons in your taskbar.
to replicate my taskbar, you must first create shortcuts to all you favorite programs.
place all the shortcuts in a folder... now change the icons of each shortcut (google this if you dunno how... it's simple!) using the Token icons.
all you have to do now is drag and drop the shortcuts on the taskbar.
Also, after installing the gdipp app, my font still seems blur, like there's not much difference, is that supposed to be normal as well?
I'm really sorry for asking so many questions but I'm really new to this so.. ><
How would i make it so i have the thin taskbar like you show in the screenshots?
How do i apply/install the fonts to work with the theme? or does it do it automatically and I just havent noticed the difference?
Thin taskbar: rightClick the taskbar>properties>Use small icons
You install the fonts like any other windows fonts: right click on the font>Install. Restart windows and you're done!
What's wrong using the tool I mention in Step 4?
about the borders, dunno what were you expecting, that's how they supposed to look.