If you'd like to support my work, then please get the theme here!
descriptionThis one is a Windows 10 Theme for the nostalgic ones out there... for those of you who know what the phrase "It's now safe to turn off your computer" means. So I've combined the minimalism of Simplify and the classic look of old Windows to bring you Simplify 10 Light Classic. I've also included for you a nice Windows Millennium Edition wallpaper which will bring you back memories for sure!
Works on Windows 10 Creators Update and Anniversary Update.
• create a Restore Point using System Restore (safety first!)
• patch Windows so you can use 3rd party themes by installing UltraUXThemePatcher
• install the theme by copying the content of Theme folder in "C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\"
• apply the themes from the Personalize panel
• apply the registry settings by applying the simplify_10_light_classic_window_metrics.reg in the Window Metrics folder
• restart Windows and...
• enjoy using this theme!
• OPTIONAL! use OldNewExplorer to make Windows Explorer cool again by checking all the options except for: Use alternate navigation buttons style, Show details pane on the bottom and Show status bar. If you get the bottom details pane to hide it press ALT+SHIFT+P
• OPTIONAL! narrow vertical taskbar: use 7+ Taskbar Tweaker. Right click on the tray icon>advanced settings and set the no_width_limit = 1
I just saw your Classic X... you really put a lot of effort into it! well done!
But I like how the look and don't intend to change them. If you don't like it then download some other themes or something. There are plenty of them to choose from.